Cream of Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Yield: 4 servings
1 onion chopped
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
4 red bell peppers, roasted and seeded with skins removed
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup WESTSOY® Original Soymilk
Pinch of smoked paprika
1 tsp Spectrum® Butter Flavored Spread, optional
Hain Pure Foods® Sea Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium high heat.
2. Stir in onions and rosemary and sauté until onions are soft about 5 minutes. Remove rosemary and discard.
3. Add peppers and broth and bring to a soft boil. Stir in tomato paste.
4. Remove from heat and transfer soup to a food processor and process until soup is smooth.
5. Stir in soymilk and season to taste. Serve.