Cauliflower with Garlic & Chives Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
2 cups cooked cauliflower, drained
1 Tbsp Spectrum® Organic Canola Oil
1/4 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chopped Parsley for garnish (if desired)
1. Set oven to broil.
2. Cook and drain cauliflower and set aside in a flame proof dish.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent.
4. Whisk in the flour, whisking constantly for about 1 minute. Gradually pour in the soymilk and chives.
5. Continue whisking until sauce becomes thick and smooth. Remove from heat and pour over cauliflower.
6. Place the dish with cauliflower and sauce in oven and broil until the top is lightly golden, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Serve warm.