Yield: Serves 8
8 pre-made tart shells
3/4 cup Hain Pure Foods® Organic Sugar, divided
2 tsp corn starch
6 egg yolks
8 fresh raspberries or cherries
Non-dairy refrigerated, whipped dessert topping
1. Cook 1/4 cup sugar in a saucepan over a medium high heat until it bubbles and turns golden brown.
2. Remove from heat, slowly stir in soymilk, and return to a low heat. Continue stirring until the sugar has melted and is well combined, about 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix corn starch and ½ cup sugar together. Whisk in egg yolks and combine well.
4. Continue to whisk while slowly pouring into the soymilk mixture and return sauce to a saucepan.
5. Cook caramel sauce over a medium high heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 6-8 minutes.
6. Pour caramel sauce into prepared tart shells and chill for 3 hours, or until set. Remove and top with non-dairy dessert topping and a raspberry or cherry. Serve.