Crispy Crumb Fruit & Nut Scones
Yield: 6 scones
2 cups Toasted Rice Cereal
1/3 cup Hain Pure Foods® Organic Sugar
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp orange zest
1/3 cup WESTSOY® Vanilla Soymilk
1 egg white
1 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large bowl, combine cereal with baking mix and 1/3 cup sugar.
3. Stir in walnuts and cranberries. Add egg, orange zest and soymilk.
4. Mix until dough comes together and forms a ball.
5. Remove dough from bowl and flatten into disk, about 7 1/2 inch circle.
6. Using a sharp knife cut into 6 wedges. Place each wedge about 2 inches apart on baking sheet prepared with a light coating of baking spray.
7. Beat together egg white and water. Brush mixture over top of scones.
8. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
9. Store any remaining scones in an air tight container.