Yield: 4 servings
2 1/2 cups WESTSOY® Low Fat Plain Soymilk
1/2 cup sweet flaked coconut
1/4 cup Hain Pure Foods® Organic Sugar
3 Tbsp corn starch
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1/2 cup sliced banana
Non-dairy refrigerated whipped dessert topping, if desired
Ground cinnamon, if desired
1. Heat soymilk in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Stir in coconut and let soak for 20 minutes.
2. Puree coconut beverage mixture in a blender.
3. In a small bowl combine sugar and cornstarch. Add to a sauce pan and whisk in soymilk mixture and then whisk in the eggs.
4. Heat over a medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes thick, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in vanilla. Let cool completely.
6. Divide 1/2 the fruit between 4 chilled glasses layering as you go. Top with the custard and add another layer of fruit.
7. Top with non-dairy dessert topping and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon, if desired, and serve.