Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- WHERE TO PURCHASE
- Where can I find my favorite WESTSOY® Products?
You can find many of our products right in your neighborhood. Please click on the store locator on our home page and enter your zip code to find stores that have WESTSOY® Products.
- What kind of products does WESTSOY® make?
WESTSOY® makes a variety of Beverages, Tofu, Tempeh and Seitan. We think you’ll love them!
Click here for information on all of our WESTSOY Products!
- Can I order your products and have them sent to my home?
Yes! Our non-dairy, shelf stable beverages are available for online ordering and delivery right to your home. Simply click here to browse and buy online!
Our perishable refrigerated and frozen products are not available through our online store.
- Can I buy your products in Canada?
Our WESTSOY® products are not currently available in Canada, however other Hain Celestial Group products can be found at www.hain-celestial.com.
- Are your products available internationally?
Our products are available in a variety of locations worldwide. Please contact us at email@example.com for information on international availability.
- How can I order your products for my business?
We suggest checking with your distributor. If they are not able to help you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all of your contact information including name, business address, website and the anticipated volume needed.
- How do I request coupons?
We regularly make discount coupons available through our website.
- How can I find other products in the Hain Celestial family of brands?
The Hain Celestial Group makes a variety of products. To see a listing of those brands please visit our corporate brand page at www.hain-celestial.com
- INGREDIENT INFORMATION
- Where are the Nutrition Facts and Ingredients listed on your website?
- What is the significance of the USDA Organic seal/certification on selected WESTSOY® products?
All products carrying the USDA Organic seal must be composed of at least 95% organic ingredients. A third-party certifier such as Quality Assurance International is required to ensure compliance with the National Organic Program.
- Are WESTSOY® Beverages gluten-free?
Most WESTSOY® Beverages are gluten-free. Look for The Hain Celestial Group gluten-free symbol on these and many other Hain Celestial products that are tested to be gluten-free.
For a complete list visit www.glutenfreechoices.com.
- Are WESTSOY® Products made from Non-GMO ingredients?
Yes. WESTSOY® Products have been verified through the Non-GMO Project as non- genetically engineered.
The Non-GMO Project offers consumers verified Non-GMO choices for organic and natural products. WESTSOY® is proud to participate in the Non-GMO Project to provide our consumers with the confidence of rigorous third party verification of our Non-GMO status. Click here to review the status of your favorite WESTSOY products.
- What are natural flavors?
The natural flavors we use do not contain artificial or synthetic additives.
Major allergens are always declared on the ingredient panel.
- Where do you get your ingredients?
Our ingredients are predominantly sourced domestically although product availability or other circumstances may sometimes require us to source globally.
- What percentage of this product is from a specific ingredient?
We declare our ingredients by common and usual name in order of predominance by weight in accordance with the government regulations.
- How does our new One-Step Easy-To-Open Cap work?
With the new one-step opening, there is no longer a tab under the cap. Simply unscrew and pour! When you begin twisting the cap, you’ll hear a click as the tamper evidence ring breaks away from the cap. As the lid turns, cutting teeth, located inside the neck of the closure, spiral downwards breaking the inner foil seal. Instead of removing the cap and then removing a seal, those two steps are now combined into one easy twist of the cap!
- How do I know if my product has been tampered with if there is no pull tab?
You’ll notice a tamper evidence ring attached to the cap before opening. On first time opening, the seals between the lid and the tamper evidence ring are broken open when the cap is twisted. You’ll hear a clicking sound as the ring separates and drops from the cap.
- Why don’t I see a foil seal or plastic pull tab when I open the cap?
There is a foil seal beneath the new easy-open cap, but it is cut as you twist the cap one full turn. The inner seal isn’t visible but it remains attached just beneath the opening and doesn’t fall into the product.
- Why did you change the cap?
The new one-step cap is more convenient and easier to use. Instead of removing the cap and then removing a foil seal or pull tab, you simply unscrew, pour and enjoy! You’ll also notice a smooth and steady pour and how easy it is to hygienically reseal.
On top of being easier to use, the new one-step cap also results in less waste and uses fewer materials to produce, making it a better choice for the environment. And, as always, our cartons are fully recyclable and made mostly from renewable sources.
- Are your aseptic packages recyclable?
Yes. Nearly 44% of U.S. households now recycle aseptic cartons at curbside. To find out more, contact your local recycling center or the Aseptic Packaging Council at www.recyclecartons.com.
- Are your aseptic packages lined with aluminum?
Aseptic cartons are made of 70% paper, 23% polyethylene and 7% aluminum. The aluminum is completely covered by two layers of FDA approved, food-grade polyethylene, so the food and the aluminum never come in contact.
- Do your aseptically packaged products require refrigeration?
No, they are shelf stable. Once open, you can refrigerate the unused portion and use it for up to 7 days.
- What’s the shelf life of your aseptically packaged products?
An unopened package will remain fresh for one to two years from the date of manufacture, depending on the product. You’ll find a “best before” date clearly stamped on all of our products.
- How do I read the date code? Can I use the product after expiration?
The date code can voluntarily be used by manufacturers as an expiration or “best when used by” date and is listed as day, month, year, (DDMMMYY). For example, 09FEB11 is February 9, 2011.
The date on the package which represents the date by which the product should be consumed. We cannot guarantee the quality after the “best by” date.
After our shelf stable beverages are opened they will stay fresh in your refrigerator from 7-10 days.
- Why do you make shelf stable products? Do they require refrigeration?
We do make shelf stable products and these items will remain fresh in your cupboard until the expiration date or until they are opened.
After opening, our shelf-stable products require refrigeration. They will stay fresh in your refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Shelf-stable packaging offers a variety of advantages. Among them, it is:
- low environmental impact both prior to and after production
- convenient for kid’s lunches
- tamper resistant
- longer shelf life than refrigerated products
- less waste than other, comparable containers
- Are your products Kosher?
Products that are certified Kosher will be distinguished by a Kosher symbol on the front of the package.